Following the consolidation of the NMH School to one campus in 2005, ADi designed an addition to this 1894 colonial revival home to be used as the school Admissions Office.
We designed a 1500 sf addition located in the back and to the side of the existing building working with tight physical limitations and a demanding design and construction schedule. The entire structure was made accessible with the addition of a lift to the second floor. We used traditional New England forms to tie together new programmatic spaces with existing spaces. Updates to the historic structure include more extensive energy-efficient glazing, photovoltaic panels, enthalpy recovery ventilation (ERV), and energy-efficient lighting.
location: northfield, ma